of offerings for diverse
Broking (Trade Execution Services)
At GIFT IFSC, India’s offshore jurisdiction, SSIL offers Trade Execution services on both International Exchanges i.e India INX & NSE IFSC.
SSIL offers its clients on the Broking segment:
- multiple options for placing their trades/ order execution
- trading/investment in capital market products (NSEIFSC Receipts)
- aids algorithmic trading
- robust back office support aiding capital optimisation
- experienced customer relations staff
Direct Market Access
SSIL’s enables its client to access to both the International exchanges for trade execution and market monitoring with a low latency through its Direct Market Access.
SSIL also offers co-location* to its customers on both the International Stock Exchanges at GIFT IFSC i.e NSE IFSC Limited and India International Exchange IFSC Limited.
*Exchange charges for co-location apply.
Clearing & Settlements
Clients can leverage on StockHolding groups over three (3) decades of understanding and expertise of Indian Capital Markets, our understanding of your needs to offer you a customised solution and the technology aided service, reporting solutions and real-time risk monitoring tools.
- Clearing – Computing obligations of all it’s clients i.e. determining positions to settle.
- Settlement – Performing actual settlement. Only funds settlement will be involved in all contracts.
- Collateral Management – SSIL facilitates in effective management of collaterals to help you meet your margin requirements while managing liquidity, remittances, and related costs. Collection of collateral (cash/cash equivalents and securities), valuation on a regular basis, setting up exposure limits for clients, reconciliations and reportings.
- Risk Management – Setting position limits based on up-front deposits/margins for each client and monitoring positions on a continuous basis and sending alerts for thresh hold limits.
- Reporting – Clients get all applicable mandatory reporting and where possible, additional customized reports are provided.
|Eligible Collaterals at GIFT IFSC|
|Eligible Collateral||Hair-cut||Concentration Limit|
|Cash in USD||No haircut||No Limit|
|Fixed Deposit Receipts (FDRs) in USD*||No haircut||No Limit|
|Bank Guarantees (BGs) in USD *||No haircut||No Limit|
|AAA rated international sovereign
|10%||10% of Cash & Cash Equivalent|
|*FDRs & BGs issued by banks located at IFSC, GIFT City|
Segregated Nominee Account Provider (SNAP) or Provider services
As a registered Segregated Nominee Account Provider (SNAP /Provider) under the regulator approved Segregated Nominee Account Structure, SSIL registers end clients under the structure thereby enabling them to undertake transactions at GIFT IFSC under the structure.
In accordance with the SEBI IFSC Guidelines 2015, Any intermediary permitted by the SEBI for operating within the IFSC shall provide financial services to the following categories of Clients:
(i) a person not resident in India;
(ii) a non-resident Indian;
(iii) a financial institution resident in India who is eligible under FEMA to invest funds offshore, to the extent of outward investment permitted;
(iv) a person resident in India who is eligible under FEMA, to invest funds offshore, to the extent allowed under the Liberalized Remittance Scheme of Reserve Bank of India, subject to a minimum investment as specified by the Board from time to time:
Provided that clients referred to in clauses (ii) to (iv) may be provided services, subject to guidelines of Reserve Bank of India.
Thus, Foreign Portfolio Investors registered in India, Eligible Foreign Investors and Non- resident Indians are currently allowed to invest at GIFT IFSC. When permitted, Resident Indians can also invest under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme.